Welcome to Bloom Medical Group!
Thank you for entrusting us with your most valuable assets – your good health and wellbeing. As a patient at Bloom Medical, you can anticipate receiving up-to-date, evidence-based healthcare that focuses on patient values, medical status and quality of life.
From the moment you are greeted by the front desk receptionist to the time your visit is completed, each member of Bloom Medical is here to focus solely on you – the patient, and to ensure that you have received the highest level of quality healthcare.
Being new to our practice or an existing patient, you may notice that our office is organized a bit differently than most. Here’s what you can expect – and come to love – from us: Let us tell you how we work.
Our philosophy is to provide you with a “medical home.” What does this mean?
- Each member of our team is here to help you.
- Each provider practices interchangeably, although we encourage you to pick your personal clinician.
- Each practitioner is guided by a uniform philosophy, making identical decisions and ordering similar tests and referrals.
With over 60 years of cumulative geriatric experience and a combination of individual talents, our team of providers is able to better serve you.
New Patient Visits:
As a new patient, you will be scheduled for two visits within the first month of membership at Bloom Medical.
- Each initial visit will be scheduled with your personal clinician
- Both visits will help to form our relationship and to serve as a way for:
- You to get to know all of us more intimately.
- Our medical team to get a comprehensive picture of your individual medical history and to complete a thorough physical exam.
During this time, it is imperative that you get to know each and every provider at Bloom Medical. Waiting until you are sick and not feeling well is not the best time to be introduced to a new practitioner.
We are here Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 9:00-5:00; Wednesday 9:00-7:00; Friday 8:00-1:00. Saturdays we will be open 9:00-1:00 by appointment for urgent issues.
- To provide competent healthcare, we will need to see each patient at least once every six months.
- Please visit our check-out window to schedule a follow-up visit after each appointment
- Schedule an appointment even if you are unsure when you will be available for your next visit.
- Allow us to make an appointment regardless of need, so that we are sure to contact you.
While you may prefer to see your provider for your follow up, it is important to know that for us to provide you with effective treatment in a timely manner, your designated provider may not always be available.
- During the scheduling of your next appointment, you will be given the first available visit with the provider of your choice.
- If you are ill, you will be seen on the same day by the first available provider.
- Although we treat sick patients every day, Friday’s are reserved for only sick or follow-up visits only.
- Since all patient records are electronic, any provider you see will be kept informed of your medical progress.
- Our calls are all answered by a specialized medical service located outside of our office.
- The phone messages that we receive from you do not remain unattended in our office.
- A written note is sent and audio record of the actual conversation is available for each and every time you call.
- Every note is attached to your medical record and all calls are returned by the end of the day, if not sooner.
- While we will always state that your call will be answered “by the end of the business day,” we realize that often calls need to be returned sooner. Please allow us to triage those calls and make that judgment.
- When experiencing a true emergency, please state your need is URGENT and we will take care of the rest.
- Again, all message calls are recorded to ensure exceptional customer service.
- If you happen to reach us outside of business hours (after 4 PM Monday thru Thursday and after 1PM on Friday), the service will forward your message to the on call provider and (s)he will return your call promptly.
(For HMO/managed care patients)
Referrals are an important part of managed care and while many of your needs can be addresses directly at our office, there are times when you will need to be referred to a specialist. You must have a referral from Bloom Medical each and every time you go to another doctor or another office for any services with few exceptions.
- While it may be a nuisance to secure a referral every time you wish to see a specialist, this is exactly how we can be a stronger partner in managing your wellness.
- Our Referral team is working diligently behind the scene to make the visit to our select specialists seamless.
- Your referral will be faxed to your specialist's office. If you would like a copy of the referral, please let us know
(Our Panel of Expert Specialists)
Our network of specialists has been carefully selected. We are so confident in our team that we personally go to them for our healthcare needs.
- All specialists that we use practice the way we do, share progress notes and allow us to be a partner in your care.
- While there may be times when an exception is made, in general we will refer you to a member on our expert team.
There’s No Place like Home
At Bloom Medical you can expect to be treated both medically and personally – like family. We take pride in knowing you as more than just our patient. Here you will experience comfort, peace of mind and confidence that your health is in great hands!
Welcome to our Center
So now that you have made one of the most pressing decisions there is in regards to your health, it’s time to relax and know that you will be nurtured here with great care! We are confident that you will be pleased with your choice to see Bloom Medical Group’s primary care physicians. As each of us takes pride in our work, we encourage you to share your feedback, whether it is positive or constructive. After all, we see your opinions as an opportunity to learn and to make our practice a better place!
Thank you for the opportunity to provide you with personalized, compassionate care. We look forward to seeing you again, soon.
David I. Bloom, MD
Beth L. Bloom, RN
Shari H. Robins, MD
Christopher B. Thomas, MD
Kenneth J. Kaplan, MD
Jamie B. Diamond-Mitnick, PA-C
Karen M. Dress, PA-C
And All the Team Members of Bloom Medical Group